Bio Molecular Systems (BMS) is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to it. BMS has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
- Give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that BMS holds, and the way we handle that information, and
- Clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of BMS, and enhance the transparency of BMS’s operations.
Queries Complaints and Correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish to do so, please use the contact details below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please provide your complaint in writing to one of our addresses below. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to, or correction of personal information can be sent to:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by mail to: Bio Molecular Systems, 5/3 Northward St, Upper Coomera QLD 4209 AUSTRALIA
Management of Personal Information
Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
What information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, contact details, location, credit details and so on.
As much as possible we collect information directly from our agents/distributors or directly from customers. We do this in several ways, including when you:
- Provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets
- Fill out application forms
- Submit your personal details through our website
- Have general business dealings with BMS or one of our agents/distributors
Where required or reasonably practicable, we will obtain your express consent before collecting information about you from a third party (other than via our agents/distributors), but in all cases if we collect personal information about you from any other third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the collection.
Using personal information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and to offer an ever-improving quality range of amazing products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services
- Enable our third-party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, certifications, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services
- Provide more relevant marketing through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls, modifications, updates and responding to queries and complaints
- Develop and expand our operations to better suit our customers’ needs
- Maintaining and keeping our customer’s information current and as accurate as possible
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or for the purposes that you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- BMS related companies
- BMS service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, advertising and marketing service providers and third party fulfilment contractors
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors, lawyers and certification bodies
- Payment system operators and financial institutions
- Government agencies.
Some of our service providers provide services to us entirely or partly from overseas locations and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information overseas, including where:
- BMS service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas
- We need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements
- An international payment has been made.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure. As a minimum-security requirement, password authentication is required to access those databases in all cases. We also use fire walls, SSL technology and encryption for transmission of data where appropriate.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results to evaluate and improve our internet services.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent.