Bio Molecular Systems Pty Ltd (ABN 55 141 467 754) of Unit 5 – 3 Northward Street Upper Coomera, QLD 4209 Australia (“BMS”) is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to it. BMS has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
- Give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal information that BMS holds, and the way we handle that information, and
- Clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of BMS and enhance the transparency of BMS’s operations.
What information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, email addresses, other contact details, location, IP addresses, credit details, payment information, support queries, and web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as you CV, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information
As much as possible we collect information directly from our agents/distributors or directly from customers. We do this in several ways, including when you:
- Provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets
- Fill out application forms
- Submit your personal details through our website
- Have general business dealings with BMS or one of our agents/distributors
Where required or reasonably practicable, we will obtain your express consent before collecting information about you from a third party (other than via our agents/distributors), but in all cases if we collect personal information about you from any other third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the collection.
Using personal information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and to offer an ever-improving quality range of amazing products. We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services
- Enable our third-party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, certifications, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services
- Provide more relevant marketing through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls, modifications, updates and responding to queries and complaints
- Develop and expand our operations to better suit our customers’ needs
- Maintaining and keeping our customer’s information current and as accurate as possible
Management of Personal Information
Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
When we disclose your personal information
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or for the purposes that you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- BMS related companies
- BMS service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, advertising and marketing service providers and third-party fulfilment contractors
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors, lawyers and certification bodies
- Payment system operators and financial institutions
- Government agencies.
Some of our service providers provide services to us entirely or partly from overseas locations and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information overseas, including where:
- BMS service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas
- We need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements
- An international payment has been made.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
BMS own and manages our Sites. We are based in Australia so your data will be processed in Australia.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure. As a minimum-security requirement, password authentication is required to access those databases in all cases. We also use fire walls, SSL technology and encryption for transmission of data where appropriate. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner.
How you can access your personal information
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request for corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our sites at any time. These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent. Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Marketing choices regarding your personal information
where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent.
Information about Children
Although our sites are suitable for children under the age of 16 years, we ask that no person under the age of 16 years provides personal information to us. If you are from 16 to 18 years, you will need permission and supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user.
Information you make public or give to others
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
Queries Complaints and Correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction here. You also have a right to request deletion of your personal data here. If you wish to do so, please use the contact details below. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please provide your complaint in writing to one of our addresses below. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to, or correction of personal information can be sent to:
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Or by mail to: Bio Molecular Systems, 5/3 Northward St, Upper Coomera QLD 4209 AUSTRALIA
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.